Monday, January 9, 2017

Falling Free

Let's take what we know about obedience and turn it upside down.  Shannon Martin opens our eyes to what true obedience really is, how it is fleshed out in real life.  It's not comfortable, easy, or happy-go-lucky.  It's difficult.  It's scary.  It's messy.

Shannon shares her journey of obedience and shows us what God can do with someone who truly follows Him.  I am both inspired and unnerved as I read her story.  I want to be a woman after God's own heart; however, I like living in my comfort zone.  Shannon demonstrates that real joy comes from surrender and obedience.  I want that in my life.  Yet I know it won't be easy, and I may have to sacrifice something good because God has something even better that I have yet to imagine.  It's like jumping off the high dive....scary and exciting all at the same time.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment