Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Greater Than Gold

It was a joy to read this book during the 2016 Olympics in Rio.  While watching David Boudia compete in the diving competition, I was reading his life story and was impressed with his character and testimony.  He didn't win gold at the Rio Olympics as he did in London, but after reading his book, I think he knows what winning is all about.

Most of what David went through was because of bad choices he mades.  Unlike some Olympic athletes (think Ryan Loche), Boudia accepts responsibility for his actions and works to live an honest and upright life.

Reading biographies is often more interesting than fiction.  Knowing what people have endured and still overcome is fascinating and inspiring.  I would recommend this book to any athlete.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment