Friday, June 24, 2016

Swimming With Faith

With the Rio Olympics coming soon, it could be a great year for USA swimming.  One of the shining stars is Missy Franklin.  She won multiple medals in 2012 and hopes to do even better in 2016.

This book profiles Missy Franklin's life through her early years, her first Olympic trials, her second Olympic trials and subsequent Olympic competition, her final year in high school, and her 2 years of college.  She is a wonderful young woman who has made tough decisions and honored God with her life.  I think all young swimmers could learn something from the example Missy sets.

The author uses multiple articles and interviews to write this book.  She does not talk to Missy personally but uses these resources to write the book.

Zondervan provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

1 comment:

  1. I think I may need to pick up this book :)
    I am a new follower of yours, just wanted to say hello :) Feel free to stop by my blog and say hello anytime :)
    bookjunkiemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete