Saturday, March 26, 2016

Flirtation Walk

I don't normally read and review historical fiction, but I made the exception since West Point is near and dear to my heart.  I both graduated from the Academy, and I also married a graduate.  So it was fun to take a walk down memory lane a.k.a Flirtation Walk.

The setting of the Academy grounds including the illustrious Flirtation Walk is quite accurate.  The description of cadet life is also on target, as not much has changed in 200 years.  The picture of the cadet on the front cover is the same uniform cadets wore 200 years ago and cadets still wear today.

The story line was interesting but slow moving.  I understood the main characters' motivations within the first few chapters but it took nearly half the book before the story started to develop.  I was bored and had to plow through about a hundred pages before the story piqued my interest.  After that, the pace of the story improved and was more interesting to read.

So the book was good enough but nothing spectacular.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment