Friday, February 12, 2016

The Newsmakers

Lis Wiehl does a good job in the suspense/thriller category.  Like her previous books, this was a page-turner where I wasn't exactly sure what would happen next.  I wasn't even sure which character to trust.  Everyone had flaws, and it was sometimes difficult to determine who was trying to do the right thing.

As much as I enjoyed reading this book, there were a few things that caused me hesitation.  SPOILER ALERT: The masturbation seen was completely unnecessary.  Everyone knew that Nylan Hasting was odd and potentially creepy.  It did not have to be proven.  Some things can be left to the imagination.

Also, there were some swear words in print.  I guess with modern society, it's not such a big thing anymore, but I don't usually find that in Christian publications.  This was not Christian fiction, nor did I expect it to be; however, I did not expect such graphic language and imagery.

I really did like the story, but the issues described above were not necessary to progress the storyline.

Thomas Nelson provided me a copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment