Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Rising Darkness

Sophie Wittenbauer has left her old life behind.  She left her Mennonite town and beliefs and built a new life for herself.  While she investigates a murder, she learns that her past may be behind her but it also made her the person she is now.

The book was slow and it took too long to develop the plot.  I was getting bored trying to follow both the character development and the investigation into the murder.  I had to force myself to finish just so that I could write this review.  It wasn't a bad book, just slow.

It wasn't until halfway through this book that I realized I read the first book in the series. You do not have to read the series to follow the storyline as each book introduces new characters and old characters just make an appearance in the next story.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment