Saturday, January 23, 2016

It Was Me All Along

I could totally relate to Andie Mitchell in her struggle with food as an emotional outlet.  I did the same thing for too many years.  I did not gain as much weight as she did, but emotionally, I was just as scarred.

Andie was honest about her struggle including the years before she even realized it was an issue.  Her recall of her growing up years was vivid and descriptive.  As she wrote about the food she ate, I could just about taste it.  This was not a good thing if I was hungry.  However, I appreciate how she described her deep connection to food.

Once Andie lost the weight, she realized she had another issue.  Instead of overeating food, she was a control freak who feared eating even an ounce too much.  Therefore, Andie had to address the real issue she had with food, and (spoiler alert), it's not about the food.


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment