Saturday, November 28, 2015

On This Foundation

Nehemiah is the cupbearer to the king and is content to serve him.  But when a visit from his brother sheds light on the disrepair of Jerusalem, Nehemiah is heartbroken and seeks God's guidance.  The Lord leads him back to his homeland to lead the rebuilding of the city walls.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book of historical fiction.  The author stayed true to the Biblical story and only added fictionalization to shed light on what the people might have felt or thought.

Even though I did not read the first 2 books in The Restoration Chronicles, I did not struggle to follow the storyline.  I now would like to read the previous books as this book was well written and enjoyable to read.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment