Monday, September 21, 2015

Learning to Breathe Fire

I do not do Cross Fit, but I do know many who do.  Because of their fitness success, I was intrigued by this book.  What is it about Cross Fit that makes people do more than they ever thought possible?

The book starts at the very begginning.  It is a good history lesson about the origins of what is now Cross Fit and the people who made it happen.  It helped me understand why boxes are so small and monthly payments are so high.  It makes sense now.

The book then went into the history of the Cross Fit games.  The second half of the book spent a lot of time on the games.  Since I do not do Cross Fit or follow any of these athletes, the book got tedious.  I powered through the chapters (much like you do in a WOD), and finished the book.

So I did learn about Cross Fit and why it is so successful.  It is more than just a work-out or just a gym. It's a community.  I might even be a cult.  But it does improve the health and well-being of its participants.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.  For more info click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment