Friday, July 24, 2015

Best the Best Mom You Can Be

When I get to read books like this, I expect a step by step guide on how to be a better mother.  Instead it was full of wisdom and grace to help all moms BE more instead of DO more.

What I learned from reading this book that it's more about communicating with your children than it is about lecturing.  It's a dialogue, not a monologue.  I need to read this as I often tell my children what they should be doing instead of talking to them about their behavior and finding out why they did what they did.  Then a discussion can ensue to determine how to do better next time.

I also learned that when (not if) children make mistakes, make bad decisions, and sin, it's up to the parent to extend grace and forgiveness as well as discipline and consequence.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment