Saturday, June 13, 2015

Until the Harvest

Henry is a young man trying to figure out his life after his father suddenly dies.  Margaret is a young woman just trying to figure out her life.  They are surrounded by caring friends and family who help them see and reach their potential and even their affection for each other.

I did not realize that this book takes place in the same town from Miracle in the Dry Season.  The author interweaves some of the same characters, but the books can be read independently and out of order.  It was just nice to be back in the lovely town of Wise, West Virgina.

Being from West Virginia, I appreciate the truth of character.  No one was a complete redneck; however, the poor and the privileged and everyone in between were represented.

This was a nice summer read.  It was not fantastic or horrible.  Instead is was a good book to read in my  spare time.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

1 comment:

  1. Diane, I was looking for a way to contact you and only see this. Would you be open to reviewing Dance With Jesus: From Grief to Grace? I'm hosting a virtual book tour this summer for it and would welcome you to join, if so. Details and RSVP at SusanBMead.com/you-are-invited

    Thank you for your consideration. Warmly, Susan

    ReplyDelete