Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Love Letters

Marlena Wenger is struggling to follow her heart as she develops deeper relationships with her Mennonite grandmother, with her English niece, and with her Old Order Amish beau.  She feels torn and has to decide for herself what she believes.

I have read Amish fiction for years and usually like books by Beverly Lewis.  However, this one was not my favorite, or even top 10.  The story line was interesting, but the execution was disjointed.  I never understood Marlena's motivation or even how to she came to her new found understanding of faith.

There was another storyline about a young boy that helps an older man, who is suffering from memory loss, to find his way home.  The only connection between the 2 stories is that they were next door neighbors.  I felt like the stories were 2 separate books forced into 1.

The book was hard to follow and slow going.  It was not something I would recommend.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment