Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Invisible Front

Mark and Carol Graham share their tragedy of losing 2 sons in order to help others face similar experiences.  They have turned their misery into ministry.  I am so glad that they did.

As former service member myself, I am familiar with the "be strong" attitude that pervades the military.  It is a culture of working hard and not letting feelings or fears interfere with the mission.  I understand the struggle of those who have real feelings and fears and are not allowed to deal with them.

With honesty and truth, this book opens the eyes of the reader of the struggles our current soldiers, sailors, and airmen face.  It is not easy to go to war and return to civilian life.  We need to do more to help veterans as they return from duty.

Crown Publishers provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment