Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Paleo Chef

I have heard about the Paleo lifestyle but did not know what exactly that means.  So I was excited to review this book so I could get the in's and out's of being Paleo.

Chef Pete Evans provides numerous recipes for Paleo followers.  Each recipe is on its own page with a full page picture and a narrative of how or why Pete Evans created the recipe.  He also gives a brief introduction of the Paleo lifestyle and the basic ingredients used for these recipes.

Even though the food looks delicious, I would have a hard time cooking with these recipes.  Many of the ingredients are not found in my local grocery store.  I cannot get coconuts especially young green coconut, unhulled tahini paste, duck fat,  or even fresh horshradish.  If I lived in a big city, these ingredients might be more readily available.  But for those of us living in the country, many of these recipes would be impossible.  This makes me think that without these ingredients, I could not eat a Paleo diet.

The book itself is still well done with easy to follow recipes and great pictures of food that looks delicious and nutritious.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this honest review.  For more information click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment