Monday, January 5, 2015

Jesus Is __________ : Discovering Who He Is Changes Who You Are

I admit that I was challenged to fill in the blank.  Even though I have been a believer for 25+ years, I was not sure how to finish the sentence.  Because of this, I was intrigued with this book, and wanted to figure out how I would explain who Jesus is.

Even though this is the student edition, this is not a simplified easy reader.  I was impressed with the straightforward approach Judah Smith took as he wrote this book.  He did not dumb down the content; nor did he talk in juvenile language to meet the demographic of students.  Far too often, I read student editions where the language is too colloquial.  Since the latest trends in adolescent language change regularly, you cannot write a book with the vernacular of teens.  Once you do, it is outdated.  This book instead talks directly to teens without insulting their intelligence yet challenging their faith.

Thomas Nelson provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment