Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Perfect Score Project

With a high schooler and middle schooler in the house, I am definitely looking towards preparing for college.  I wanted to read this book to gain insight in one of the most dreaded of the college prep tests, the SAT.  I discovered that a lot has changed in 30 years since I had to take the test.

Debbie Stier attempts to uncover the best method for preparing for the SAT in the year before her oldest child must take it.  In her research, she finds things that work and things that did not.  She also finds conflicting information from reputable test prep companies.  I am grateful for all her research so I know what to do and what not to do.

As I was reading, I realized that I was beginning to cheer for Debbie as she attempted to get a perfect score on the SAT.  She admits her defeats and attempts to overcome them.  I was tempted to skip to the end to see if she did indeed get a perfect score.  I won't tell if I did, nor will I tell if she did.  You will have to read the book yourself.

Harmony Books provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.  

No comments:

Post a Comment