Friday, August 15, 2014

Miracle in Dry Season

With drama and romance, this book engages the reader with thought provoking storytelling.

Perla moves to Wise, West Virginia, to escape the scrutiny of her hometown.  She brings with her a child out of wedlock, but she is trying to move on with her life.  Casewell is a bachelor who is trying to make a life for himself but finds that his single ways are very lonely.

The story is simple enough and the characters are real.  What I most liked about this book was that it made me think about the characters even when I was not reading the book.  I could feel what they were feeling.  Along with the characters, I pondered love and forgiveness.  The book really open my heart to what it means to forgive the way God forgives.

I enjoyed this book and highly recommend it.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment