Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Middle School: The Inside Story

With a teen and a tween in my house, I can use a little help and encouragement.  This book gave me hope about my adolescents and gave me guidance about how I can help and encourage them.

The authors examine the mind of an middle schooler and share their experiences.  Both are mothers, and Sue Acuna is a middle school teacher.  They know what they are talking about and are well qualified to help other parents.

My one take-away is that there will be mistakes to be made and struggles to endure.  We really can't avoid all problems, but we can better deal with the problems that will inevitably occur.  I now know that it is okay to stumble and fall because then we can pick ourselves up and try again.  It really is not the end of the world as the teenage mindset seems to think.

Tyndale House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment