Sunday, July 13, 2014

Mindwar

As with all of Andrew Klavan books, this story weaves science fiction and faith with the protagonist struggling to do what is right in the face of adversity.

Rick Dial was a star high school football but is now recovering from a car accident that has hurt his legs.  A month after the accicent, his dad walks out on the family.  To deal with all of this, Rick holes up in his room playing video games.  His game playing is not for naught as he is recruited to enter into the Realm where he has to fight and win with no lives to lose.

These books are easy to read and interesting enough for teenage boys.  I requested this book because I knew my son would like it.  It reminds me of S.H.I.E.L.D, which is the newest television show with science fiction drama.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment