Friday, June 20, 2014

The Loving Kitchen

I enjoy looking at cookbooks for new ideas to add to my arsenal of recipes.  I found many enticing recipes that my family will enjoy.   I was able to try a few with ingredients already in my kitchen.  I do not like cookbooks that have recipes containing obscure or hard to find ingredients.  This one had many basic ingredients that everyone will have in their kitchen.

In order to do a proper review of this book, I had to test out some of the recipes.  The Best-Ever Banana Bread really was the best ever.  The sour cream kept the bread moist and tasty.  I also like the Roasted Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese.  Boiling the potatoes before roasting helped keep the potatoes soft and sweet on the inside yet crispy and salty on the outside.  Next I want to try the Crab and Corn Chowder when it's a rainy day and I am in the mood for a good soup.

I liked this cookbook and will return to it often.  I am thankful that Thomas Nelson provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment