Wednesday, June 25, 2014

NIV Life Journey Bible

It has been a while since I have reviewed a Bible; however, I had been looking for an NIV Bible for my Kindle so I thought I would this one a chance.

I like the ease of transitioning from one book to another in this ebook format.  The insights from Dr. Cloud and Dr. Townsended are hyperlinked throughout the text.  In the print copy, the insights are printed on the page within the text.  I prefer the hyperlinks so that I can read them if I want, but can easily skip over them without being distracted.  You can also access the insights directly through the Insights Index where there is also the Essays Index and Profiles Index.

Readers who are new to the Bible can find books using the alphabetized list instead of the Table of Contents.  This is great for those who are not sure about obscure books of the Bible such as Philemon or Malachi.

The color maps are a nice addition, but the maps were too small even on my 8.9 inch screen.

Overall, I liked this digital version of this NIV Bible.  It was a much better experience than the very first NIV ebook I used a few years ago.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment