Thursday, May 29, 2014

Undetected

Mark Bishop is a Navy submarine commander, and Gina Gray is a brilliant scientist and researcher who discovers ways to help submarines stay quiet underwater.  It seems like a match made in heaven, but it took a long time before these two people fall in love.

The book included a lot of background of submarine warfare and the software programs that Gina was trying to design.  The technical information was necessary to build up to the action at the end of the story; however, I felt that the book was longer than it needed to be.  I had to skim the last 100 pages to get to the real action and to see if Gina and Mark would finally fall in love.  The end is satifying yet seemed to come quickly after the 400+ page build up.

I like books written by Dee Henderson and am impressed with the amount of research she put into this story.  Yet I did not enjoy this book as much as her previous books.  It just felt too long and too wordy.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment