Thursday, April 17, 2014

For Such a Time

Hadassah Benjamin, the main character of the story, is named after Hadassah of the Bible, also known as Queen Esther.  Just like the Bible story, she hides her Jewishness to help save her people.  In the process, she is falling in love with the fictious "king" of the story also know as Herr Kommandant.

Even though the story line mirrors the Biblical story, this book is still full of suspense and action.  The Book of Esther leaves out a lot of detail so this book adds the emotion and passion of the story.  There is also a lot of romance with more kissing that I thought necessary.

Overall, this book was enjoyable enough.  I like the backdrop of World War II, but it is not so much historical fiction as it is suspense and drama.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment