Monday, March 10, 2014

Distortion

I was excited to get an advanced copy of this book as I have been a fan of Terri Blackstock ever since reading The Suncoast Chronicles.  She writes good books of suspense and intrigue mixed with drama and a touch of romance.

This book is a continuation of the Moonlighters Series, and I have read Truth Stained Lies, but it was not necessary to read the previous book.  This time Juliet Cole finds herself in a seemingly avoidable tragedy until she starts to undercover the truth.  Her husband was not the man she thought he was, and he was involved in things that she had no clue that he was doing.

I do not want to spoil the story for anyone reading this review; however, I will say that the story line went from surprising, to far-fetched, to completely unbelievable.  I just could not believe that a wife would have no idea that her husband was involved in drug dealing and used his practice to fuel the prescription drug problem.  Also, the family was connected to 4 murders but the murders are no related.  I find that hard to believe.

Even though I was not pleased with the story line, Blackstock is a good writer.  The book was easy to read, and the action was not hard to follow.

I had this book on my list to buy as soon as it came out, but I was able to get a copy for review.  I am glad that I did not have to pay money for this book and that Zondervan through the BookLook Bloggers program gave me a free book in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment