Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Take Charge of Your Emotions

Emotions are neither good nor bad, but it is what we do with our emotions that can have a negative impact on our lives.  Negative emotions are not bad, but when these emotions lead to fits of rage or deep depression, we need to deal with them.

I have been in a deep depression which eventually led to counseling.  As I read this book, I realized that I did many of the things the author describes.  This book provides a framework for people who need help for getting past negative emotions.

Some books just point us to the Bible and tell us to trust in God.  This book adds to that truth by giving the reader tools to use to deal with emotion.  Sometimes we need specific directions in order to overcome negative thoughts and emotions.  For some people who are stuck in negative thought patterns, a line-by-line approach is beneficial.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment