Saturday, January 18, 2014

Snapshot

Lis Wiehl is inspired by real events and a photo of herself as a child at a civil rights rally to right this fictitious suspense novel.  There is a murder, an innocent man on death row, and a father and daughter who come together to investigate the crime.  They love each other fiercely but have a hard time demonstrating that love.

With so much back story to cover, the first 100 pages were slow.  Once the groundwork is laid, the story line takes off.  The end is fast paced and action packed.  I had a hard time keeping up, but I wanted to know how the story would end.

I liked the characters and how the author developed them over the course of the story.  The book is not yet part of a series, but I would like to see these characters in future books.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment