Tuesday, December 24, 2013

This is Your Captain Speaking

I am old enough to remember watching The Love Boat.  You could come aboard and there's a new love waiting for you.  Oh, the memories of watching this old show!  Now the Captian is sharing his experience as an actor and as the captain of this famous cruise ship.  He even shares his faith and how true happiness is only found through a faith in Jesus.  The true love who is waiting for you!

What I am too young to remember was Gavin's other roles in The Mary Tyler Moore Show as well as numerous movies and Broadway plays.  He lived a fascinating life.  What amazed me was how he lived morally and upright in the Hollywood spotlight even before his faith became real to him.

This book was fun to read.  If I was older, I would appreciate more of his stories of old Hollywood and the many movies he worked in.

Thomas Nelson provided me this book for free in exchange for an honest review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment