Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Call to Resurgence

This book is mind-blowing and life-altering.  I think every modern day Christian should read this book.  The world is changing, and we must open our eyes to what is really happening.  Christianity is being threatened but not eliminated.  We need to live out our faith in this fallen world that seems to fall even deeper into evil and untruth.

Mark Driscoll is a deep theologian who writes for the layperson.  I can read his comparison between reformed and Arminian without thinking I am an idiot for not knowing the difference.  I am not sure exactly what tribe I am in, but I know that believers fight over secondary battles far too much while ignoring the primary issues.  Mark Driscoll reminds us to be ecumenical in our love and stalwart in the truth.

I could have highlight something on every page, but this one is my favorite, "Be a giver, not a taker; a producer, not just a consumer.  Stop looking for the path of least resistance and start running down the path of greatest glory to God and good to others, because that's what Jesus, the real Man, did."

Tyndale House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment