Sunday, October 6, 2013

Raising Boys by Design

Just when I thought I was losing my mind, I realized that it was normal for my son to wrestle, run around, and take risks.  This book opened my eyes to the idea that boys want to become men and that their physical strength, risk-taking, and adventure seeking nature is more than a good thing...it's a God thing!

Jantz and Gurian use research and anecdotal evidence to teach us how boys are becoming men.  As parents, we can encourage their masculinity as we guide into adulthood.  The authors give both advice and good reason to help parents raise boys into men.

For far too long, I was squelching my son's masculinity because I did not understand that being aggressive and tough is part of his nature.  After reading this book, I realize that I can help him channel his masculinity toward good not harm.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment