Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Made to Last

Miranda may look put together on the outside, but like her half-built house, she needs work.

The first half of the book annoyed me.  The whole set-up felt fake and contrived.  I had little sympathy for a woman who had a successful career in TV; looks great in jeans and a flannel shirt; and does not need a man around to help her fix a leaky faucet.  She was just too perfect.

Then about halfway through the book, I realized that Miranda is not perfect and needs help.  She starts to realize it, too.  This is when the story went from dull and boring to interesting and entertaining.  I liked the second half of the book much more than the first half.

If I did not have to write this review, I might have just put the book down before finishing it.  I will admit that the writing is good and the story does flow easily.  However, it just took too long to set up the story.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

1 comment:

  1. I'm writing to invite you to join Bible Gateway Blogger Grid BG², our new blogger program. Email me to receive details. Thanks. jonathan.petersen@biblegateway.com

    ReplyDelete