Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chasing Hope

Sabrina gave up more than she wanted when we had to give up running.  When she is coerced into coaching Brandy, Sabrina has to learn that following God's will is not always what we expect.

The pace of the book was well done.  It was neither slow nor fast.  I never knew until the end how all the struggles would be overcome, but the end was satisfying.

As a runner, I liked the backdrop of training and racing.  It was only a glipmsed into the life of a committed runner; however, there were many early more training runs that sounded exhausting enough.

The only thing I did not like about the book was character of Koen.  He was a college-age guy who was good looking and only supportive of Sabrina in all her struggles.  I never met a guy like Koen, and I wonder if such a guy even exists.  He seemed too good to be true.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment