Thursday, August 15, 2013

You Can't Make Me [But I Can Be Persuaded]

Even if you do not think you have a strong-willed child (SWC), this book can help you.  I read the book  thinking that I did not have a SWC, but I was wrong!  Not only do I admit to having a SWC, I also think that my husband was (and is) a SWC.

A SWC is not disobedient and rebellious.  Instead, a SWC wants a measure of control and needs to know healthy boundaries.  A SWC is determined.  This book helps define who the SWC is and what the SWC needs.  After reading this book, I can see where I went wrong in how I handled certain issues.  Yet, this book gave me hope that I can do better next time with useful advice and effective strategies.

I think we all know someone who is strong-willed.  It can be difficult when it is someone we have to live with.  I am glad to know that this is not a issue of disobedience but one of determination.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment