Friday, August 2, 2013

Redeeming Love

This is one of the best books I have ever read, and I read about 100 books a year.  If I had to create a list of my top 10 favorite books, this would be on it.  I read this book years ago and enjoy rereading it.  It never fails to encourage, inspire, and enlighten.

Francine Rivers retells the story of Hosea in a new setting, California gold country of 1850.  This story follows a man who is led by God to marry a prostitute and to continue to rescue her when she returns to her life of sin.  This is an illustration of God's love for his chosen people whom He rescues many times after they return to a life of sin.

I cannot tell you how amazing this book is.  You just have to read it.  It is powerful and challenging.  It is entertaining and romantic.  It is just a great book!

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment