Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Barefoot Summer

The first half of this book was too slow.  The author doled out the backstory piece by piece which took up too much print.  I was starting to get bored with the book and would have put it down if not for this review.  The second half the of the book was interesting and exciting.  The pace of the story started to pick up and the story line was finally interesting.

The story is about Madison McKinley who struggles with the loss of her twin brother who died tragically 10 years ago.  She stuffed her emotions and tried to move with life, but that never works.  She finally has to face her emotions and the truth of what happened.  When she does, she finds hope.

I liked the story, but I wish the backstory was not so slow in developing.  I still recommend the book because of how the characters had to deal with real emotions and face real truths in their lives.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment