Monday, April 8, 2013

The Icecutter's Daughter

It has been a long time since I read a good book such as this one.  It was not amazing; however, it was a nice leisurely read.  The book had romance, a dash of suspense, and a nice helping of family.  It was just what I needed!

Merrill is a strong woman who has been taking care of her father and older brothers after the death of her mother.  She is quite capable and is not looking to find a husband especially after living with so many men for so long.  Of course, when she least expects it, a new man comes into to town and she falls in love.  The twist is that she does not realize she is falling in love.  He loves her, too, but there are some complications that are getting in the way.  Only after much drama and suspense are they able to admit their love for each other.

I probably gave the book away, but with all historical romance, the reader knows that the man and woman at the center of the story will fall in love and live happily ever after.  Even though I knew it was going to happen, it was fun to find out how it would happen.  That is why I enjoyed reading this book.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment