Sunday, April 21, 2013

Humble Orthodoxy

Joshua Harris holds nothing back as he reminds us that being a Christian is more than just knowing about Christ.  Being a Christian is about living like Christ.  For many of us this is nothing new but something we all need to remember.  It is too easy to live like a Pharisee with a list of rules.  It is much harder to live like Jesus who was about love and forgiveness.

The one statement really spoke to me was from page 37: "Don't measure yourself by what you know.  Measure yourself by your practice of what you know."  I will be honest and say that I am guilty of knowing a lot but not doing a lot.  I pray I can be more like Christ.

As previous reviewers have noted, this is a small book.  To me this book is more like a sermon.  It can be read in one sitting, but it can also be reread easily.


I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.  Read Chapter 1 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment