Sunday, April 14, 2013

God Distorted

No matter how wonderful, or not so wonderful, your earthly father was, your Heavenly Father is perfect and loves you perfectly.  This is the message of this book.

With hope and healing, John Bishop shares his journey to understand who God truly is.  He is honest about his struggle especially about forgiveness.  I appreciate his words that forgiveness "is not a one-time thing but a whole way of life."  This is true for all of us because life is not without its hurts.

I was blessed with a good father, but I know I am in the minority.  I read this book realizing just how lucky I was.  However, no man is perfect, and this book opened my eyes to how I had some distorted views of God.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.  Read the first chapter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment