Friday, April 5, 2013

Firsthand

Being a Christian is more than just doing good things and saying the right thing.  Yet, all too often, we boil down our faith to just a to-do list.  The Shook brothers challenge us to throw out the lists and make a relationship with God our focus.

Ryan and Josh Shook may be young but they are wise in their words.  Even though I am a few years, okay many years older, than the Shook's, I could relate to a lot of what they were saying.  No matter how old you are, we all need to make sure our focus is on a relationship with God not a list of rules and regulations.

I am grateful that Ryan and Josh were open and honest about their journey of faith.  They went from good church boys to men with deep faith in God.  It was not an easy journey but one that was necessary and inspiring.

Waterbrook Multnomah provide me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment