Tuesday, April 23, 2013

7 Men

Sometimes biographies are dry and dull, but not this one.  Eric Metaxas has a gift for making stories of great men come alive.  We have a lot to learn from these men as the truths they lived by are still relevant today.

The 7 men profiled in this book are all great men.  I am sure there are more great men, and women, who could have arguably been included.  However, these 7 men made great contributions to society because of their faith.  They were compelled to do great things.  However, they refused to lie, deceive, manipulate, or lower their standards.  These men modeled true greatness.

My personal favorites were the profiles of Eric Liddell and Jackie Robinson.  Even still, all 7 men are inspiring.  I hope this is the first of many books by Eric Metaxas where he profiles many great men and women.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment