Saturday, March 2, 2013

Upside-Down Prayers for Parents

At first glance, the prayers in this devotional seem harsh.  Pray that my children will get caught doing wrong.  Pray that they will fail.  Pray that they will be confronted by shortcomings.  However, when I  dig deeper, I see the wisdom of these prayers.  By getting caught doing wrong, my children will be able to experience the power of confession.  By failing, my children will learn what matters and what does not matter.  By recognizing their own shortcomings, my children will recognize the need for a Savior.  Each of these prayers brings a deeper understand of God and His love for us.

This book encourages parents to pray for their children and to be honest about what we really want for them.  An easy life without experiencing any kind of pain or sacrifice will not mature children in their faith.  To be honest, I need to pray these prayers for myself as much as I do for my children.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.  Read the first chapter here

No comments:

Post a Comment