Thursday, March 21, 2013

Love No Matter What

This book could have been titled, "What to Expect During the Teenage Years." Teens are going to rebel and try to determine for themselves what is truth in their lives.  We hope, as Christian parents, that they will accept Christ, but this does not always happen even with the best of parents.  The question is what do we do?  What happens when our children do not accept the truth we have lived?  Do we disown our own flesh and blood?  I hope not.  Yet, how to we love and accept the prodigal child?

Brenda Garrison offers hope to those who struggle with these questions.  You are not alone, and you are not to blame.  She herself lived through the challenging teenage years, and still works to maintain a healthy relationship with her daughter even when her daughter makes decisions she does not agree with.  The unique part of this book is that her daughter shares her own thoughts on these issues.  It is a unique perspective.

Some of the concepts are so revolutionary that I am having a hard time agreeing with everything in this book.  However, I certainly agree that my parenting needs to change as my children change.  What works for toddlers does not work for teenagers.  I have to adapt to the stages in life as much as they do, and it is never easy growing up!

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.


1 comment:

  1. Hi-

    I saw that you reviewed Thank You, God, for Loving me and thought you might be interested in reviewing our latest digital children's book, God Painted Us a Rainbow. Written by Katrina Streza and illustrated by Lisa Graves, this lovely little book helps kids thank God for the world he created by focusing on seasons and weather.

    I'd love to send you a digital review copy. Please send me an email at info@xistpublishing.com if you're interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete