Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Firefly Island

By the end of the book, I was really enjoying this story.  Mallory Hale leaves her independent life in D.C. to become a wife and mother in rural Texas.  She learns a great many things in this life transition and is better for it.

My problem with this book was the first 150 pages.  The backstory was too much; it took too long to get to the real story; and I almost put the book down because I was losing interest.  Since I had to finish the book in order to write this review, I pressed on.

Towards the end of the book, I felt like the story was rushed just to finish it.  With all the belabored descriptions of the first half of the book, I was dumbfounded the end came so quickly.  The book would have been better if it had started with chapter 10 and a few more chapters were added at the end to finish the story line.  There were a few things left unfinished which makes me wonder if there will be a sequel.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment