Monday, February 18, 2013

Your Beautiful Purpose

Every once in a while a book comes along that speaks directly to a woman's heart.  This is that book.  Like a breath of fresh air on a spring day, this book invigorates the soul and brings healing to a wounded heart.

Women are insecure.  I have yet to meet a woman who did not suffer from some measure of insecurity. Insecurity is when we look inside ourselves and see what we lack.  The opposite of insecurity is security which can only be found in God.  When we look to God, we see what we have which is abundant love and acceptance.  Susie Larson points us to God in many and various ways to give us hope.  She encourages us with a gentle touch and a reassuring pat on the back.  I am grateful for her words of wisdom and her inspiring ministry.

I read this book as a stand alone.  I did not get to view the DVD.  That being said, this book would make for a great study with a group of ladies.  The questions at the end of the chapter are more than just asking how you fell but challenge the reader to see what God says and to determine how we can respond to His truth.

Bethany House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.  I am not under compulsion to provide a positive review, only this honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment