Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Sky Beneath My Feet

The predicament that Beth falls into is not something I can relate to; however, how often in life do we find ourselves in unexpected places?  In this I can relate.  We all find ourselves in situations we never anticipated or expected.

Once Beth is left alone by her husband and ignored by her children, she must discover who she really is.  She wonders if the dreams she had as a young woman are still dreams for today.  She wants to connect with God in a deep way only to find that she can meet with God not in a geographical place but in a place within her heart.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.  So often Christian fiction is too sappy and sweet with a few Bible verses thrown in for good measure.  Instead this book is real and authentic where believers struggle to hear God in the midst of the activity of life.  I could truly relate to the characters and the struggles they face.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.  I am not under compulsion to provide a positive review, only this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment