Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Blessed Church

If you read only one book this year on growing the church, let this be the one.  It is clear and concise as well as straightforward and thought-provoking.  Robert Morris has experienced how a healthy church can grow when God directs the path, and  he wants to encourage the rest of us to experience that growth.

Even though I am not a pastor, or even married to one, I was able to glean many treasures from this book.  I am more understanding of my pastor's need for dedicated time to study Scriptures and how he cannot be everything for everyone.

There is a need for more leadership in the church body where people use the gifts God has given them.  As the church grows, so does the need for more leadership.  I appreciate how Robert Morris uses both good and bad examples to support this idea.  He even admits to his own failures so that we can learn from his mistakes.

I received this book free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.  For more information visit their website or read the first chapter here.


No comments:

Post a Comment