Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Heaven's Lessons

Simple, short, and straight to the point.

Steve Sjogren has gone through a near death experience (NDE), and has written a book about it.  Unlike other books (90 Minutes in Heaven and Heaven is For Real), he reflects not on what he saw but on what he learned from the NDE.  In this book, he summarizes the ten things he learned about himself yet apply to the rest of us.

For me, the chapter, "Get Over It", was the most applicable.  I struggle with bitterness and unforgiveness.  Steve explains, "The difference between those who flourish and those who merely get by is this: the successful choose to endure the pain necessary to live forgiving others."  Those were words that were hard to read, yet were exactly what I needed to hear.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment