Monday, January 7, 2013

The Breath of Dawn

It is not often that after reading a 400+ page book, I wish the book was longer.  This was such a well written and enjoyable story, I did not want it to end.

In this book, Quinn Reilly is trying to live independently after having to leave her family, her home, and her past.  Morgan Spencer is a widow who has spent the last 2 years of his life raising his daughter, writing books, and avoiding grief.  As their paths cross, both Morgan and Quinn learn to heal, to trust, and to love again.

I recognized some of the characters in this latest book by Kristin Heitzman as this is the third book in the Rush of Wings series.  However, each book is great as a stand alone novel and the books do not need to be read in order. 

I was thrilled that Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group, sent me this novel to review. I am not obligated to provide a positive review but will give praise where praise is due.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you, I thoroughly enjoyed that book. That was the first one I reviewed; I'm trying to start reviewing and blogging about the books I read. So if you have any words of advice I'd appreciate any input you can give? How did you get the boxes/ links saying you review for Tyndale & Thomas Nelson? Sorry to ask so many questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the book. There are many books I review that I do not enjoy as much and those reviews are hard to write. The boxes/links that say I revew for these publishers are available on their websites. The one at Booksneeze is called a badge and you have to copy and paste it into you page. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete