Monday, January 28, 2013

Quiet

Even an extrovert like me can learn a lot from introverts.

Susan Cain explores the strengths and weaknesses of introverts who find themselves in an extrovert dominant culture.  I am can identify with many of these issues.  I am married to an introvert who, like many examples in this book, has adopted some extroverted attributes in order to find success in his work.  I understand him better and can enjoy his introverted tendencies.  I now have an appreciation for introverts and how they can contribute to society in ways that extroverts cannot.

What I like about this book is that it was not about introverts being better than extroverts or vice versa.  It was a balanced approach to a balanced issue.  I also like how the author explained the data.  It was not dry or boring like some scientific research can be.  It was fascinating an interesting.

My disclaimer for this review is that even though this book is from a Christian publisher, this book was written from a psychologist's perspective.  There are some things that may not be in agreement with a Biblical worldview.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.  For more about this book, check out the video and read the first chapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment