Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Come to the Table

I have been reading the Yada Yada series since it was just one book.  Now it is a series of 7 books with multiple spin-offs.  I was thrilled for the opportunity to read this latest installment of the series.

One of the reasons I wanted to read this book was because I really did not like the character of Kat who appeared in Stand By Me, the first book in the SoulOut Sisters series.  She really annoyed me which does not usually happen as I read a book.  I know it is fiction, but the portrayal of a college age girl who thinks she knows everything and is not teachable really bothered me.  She also seems quite spoiled especially in her quest to teach people how to eat right, yet she does not understand the financial investment of healthy food.  In this book, she does learn a few things and develops into a like able person.  She discovers that helping people is more than just telling them to eat right.  So I think that Kat redeemed herself by the end of the book, and I am still a fan of Neta Jackson's writing.

Thomas Nelson provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment