Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Be Still: Let Jesus Calm Your Storm

I just finished reading Be Still written by my blogging friend Cherie Hill.  Her writing is saturated with Scripture.  The truth just washes over you as you read with verse throughout her writing, at the end of each chapter, and at the end of the book.

This book is a reflection on the story of Jesus calming the storm found in the gospels of Mark and Luke.  There is so much to learn from this story.  There is purpose in the storm.  God is with us in the storm.  The storm is a vehicle for God to demonstrate his majesty.  It is in the storm that we can be strengthened and encouraged.

As I read this book, I wondered why I fear the storms of life.  It is in the storm that we most see God's power.  It is in the storm that I have to depend on Him.  It is in the storm that I can grow deeper in my faith.  Maybe now I can appreciate the storms that will inevitably come.

1 comment:

  1. Diane, thank you so much for posting the review on Be Still! You are such a blessing!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete